Terms and conditions for CareerHub advertisers
1. About Southern Cross University (SCU) Careers and Employability and CareerHub:
- SCU Careers and Employability operates Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. We aim to process your request within two business days.
- CareerHub is an online system used by SCU to advertise employment opportunities and events to Southern Cross University students and graduates.
- Advertisements will run for 1 month unless otherwise specified.
- Careers and Employability reserves the right to accept, alter or reject registrations, vacancies and event advertisements on CareerHub.
- All job advertisements submitted to Careers and Employability must comply with relevant Australian and state laws including privacy, fair trading, trade practices and anti-discrimination laws.
2. All advertisements require:
- A clear description of the role including position title, duties/responsibilities, location, working hours, and required skills/experience.
- Paid positions must specify the pay rate (in dollars) or refer to the relevant award.
- Volunteer roles are to be advertised on Live Ideas.
- Any costs to the applicants, e.g. required training for the position, or the requirement for an Australian Business Number (ABN), must be clearly outlined in advertisements.
- Agencies and third party recruiters must provide SCU with the name and address of the client organisation. This information will not be disclosed unless required by law.
Employers are encouraged to visit the Fair Work Online website www.fairwork.gov.au for further information on awards and national employment standards.
3. Acceptable advertisements for employment include, but are not be limited to:
- Part-time, casual, contract or full-time paid employment.
- Graduate recruitment and vacation employment.
- Paid, degree related work placement/internship opportunities.
4. SCU will not accept:
- Advertisements for unpaid internship, work experience or volunteer positions on CareerHub (these should be advertised on Live Ideas).
- Commission-only jobs.
- Independent contracting arrangements.
- Workplace at people's private dwelling.
- Work involving any illegal activity.
- Work which requires the employee to purchase a product or service, or offer a security deposit or similar as a condition of employment.
- Advertisements not written in English.
- Advertisements not advertising a genuine employment opportunity.
- Advertisements that do not comply with relevant laws.
5. SCU reserves the right to alter, withdraw or reject any advertisement where:
- Non-compliance with these terms and conditions has occurred.
- Misleading or incorrect information has been provided.
- Complaints about the advertiser have been received.
- The job opportunity or event is considered to be inappropriate.
- SCU is under no liability to users and recruiters for any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of services supplied by SCU.
- Advertisers agree to indemnify SCU and its staff against all claims, actions, suits, costs and expenses incurred by SCU as a result of their advertisement.
- Employers advertising on CareerHub must abide by our Terms and conditions for CareerHub advertisers. SCU checks that all opportunities featured on CareerHub comply with our terms and conditions, however, we do not accept responsibility for advertisers who provide inaccurate, misleading or false information.
- SCU does not necessarily recommend or endorse any organisations or service providers featured on CareerHub.
- SCU does not act as an agent for the employer.
- Employers agree that all information they provide in their advertisement does not breach any law or the rights of any person (including legislation regarding Fair Trading, Equal Opportunity and Human Rights).
- SCU is requesting your employer registration details from you so that we can include the employer’s details on the CareerHub site.SCU may also use the employer’s details to update them about CareerHub, clarify advertisement details, alert employers to other services to assist with recruitment, send career-related/ employment notices, undertake labour market research and ask questions to assist us in managing the CareerHub service.
- When storing employer’s personal information electronically, SCU may disclose the personal information to overseas recipients by virtue of its cloud computing arrangements.SCU’s ‘cloud’ servers are located in Hong Kong, Singapore and Ireland and SCU is reasonably satisfied that these countries have similar privacy protections to those afforded under Australian law.SCU will not disclose your personal information to anybody else unless SCU is required to do so by law – for example if the information is needed in an emergency or for law enforcement purposes.
- Providing SCU with the requested information is not required by law.However if an employer chooses not to provide us with the requested information, the employers information will not be included on the CareerHub site.
- Employers may request access to your information at any time.To access or update your personal information, or for more information on our privacy obligations, ask to speak to our Privacy Contact Officer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Please see the University’s Privacy Management Plan for further details.